Friday, February 28, 2014

Positive Confessions



You must love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and your neighbour as yourself.  Luke 10:27

This week, I was in the middle of a conversation with a friend when they suddenly confessed to me that they weren’t good at small talk.  I, in turn, confessed that I can do the small talk thing even though I find it boring at times.  I went on to say that I would much rather talk about what God had been doing in people’s lives as I reckon that is way more interesting than sport or weather.

Then I asked my friend to tell me something good God had done in their life the past week.  My friend thought for a moment and then came up with, what I call ‘a positive confession’ of three great God encounters and revelations.  This positive confession really warmed my heart and I felt greatly encouraged.   

Thinking about it, I very rarely hear anyone talk about the sermon or even mention Jesus after church on Sundays.   It seems logical to me, that if we truly love God with all that is within us, He would be lead position in our thoughts and the main topic of our conversations.  

I’d like to challenge us all to start talking about God more before or after church.   If you know me personally, please feel free to ask me what God has done in my life the past week.  And don’t be surprised if I ask you a similar question.    If we truly want to be followers of Jesus, lovers of God and filled with the Holy Spirit, then I believe we need to keep our God at the forefront of our minds and overflowing out of our mouths.  

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you. We are told in Hebrews 3:13 to "exhort one another daily while it is called today...". We should encourage one another with His word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leveda,

    You have really encouraged me with your comment. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete